Today Dayne helped Mommy make Chocolate Chip cookies. He was a real help in the kitchen, but he really wanted to flatten out the balls of cookie dough. He loved eating the dough and hitting the pan with his spoon. He was such a sweety with his Santa Hat, and a real treat to watch!
This is how they turned out. The original recipe said to cook at 375 degrees F, but they were flat and too crunchy for me. I tried to salvage them by adding some white chocolate to the tops. They are the ones laying flat on the cooling rack. I then turned it down to 350 for the bunch on the right, and they turned out okay. I should have just made my regular cookie recipe, but I didn't. I then decided for the rest of the cookies I would add a little baking powder and some oatmeal to add some volume. These ones were much better and soft and chewy. So if you have flat cookies add about 1/2 cup oatmeal, about 1/2 tsp baking powder, and turn down the darn oven to 350 degree F. This will help depending on how much dough you have left to salvage.
No comments:
Post a Comment