
So I went home for the weekend, and my family has this fantastic blender called Vitamix. It will puree anything from whole oranges to screws and bolts. IT IS AMAZING! Well it costs about $600, so I probably wont be buying one anytime soon. While I was home we made tonz of different combinations of smoothies. We actually added spinach to some and I couldn't even taste it. I know you are thinking this sounds pretty sick, but even Dayne loves it. I make a virgin lime margarita, and it is a great combination. I use my regular blender, and it is still satisfying. Today I added a banana and it turned out pretty tasty. I can't think of a better way of getting my fruits and veggies in just one gulp. Well here's a few pics and the recipe if your interested.

GREEN Drink!
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 lime chopped
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
6-7 ice cubes
1 banana
3/4 cup spinach
Puree the apple juice with the lime and banana. Add the yogurt and spinach. Add the ice cubes and mix until smooth. Add a salt rim around the glass if you desire a more margarita taste. Makes 2 cups

This is him crying because he wants more.

gulp...gulp...gulp

Ahhhhh!

All gone and very satisfied!
1 comment:
Rachael, I love your blog and linked it to mine today. Dayne is getting so big and is so cute! Can you believe how fast they grow up? I have heard of those Vita mixers and they sound great. Great recipe.
Post a Comment