Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools!

I found this fun idea at the family fun website and I couldn't resist.



Looks like yummy cupcakes right. Well its actually meatloaf for the cake and mashed potatoes for the frosting. Dayne loved it!



At first he just giggled looking at it. He knew something wasn't right, but he was curious to find out what.



So he touched it to see what the big deal was. He just wanted to test the waters.


OH the wonders of meat and potatoes!

Nick meanwhile knew something was up. He thought I added some crazy ingredient to them. I begged him to just taste them for the sake of April fools!

But it was all in vain, for he is not brave when it comes to tasting strange things...he said just thinking about eating blue mashed potatoes it makes him gag. I guess green eggs are out for next year! Too bad.



Meanwhile Dayne is inhaling in the Ecstasy...


Happy April Fools!!!! Hope you all had some fun out there!

3 comments:

Laura said...

You're a party-pooper Nick! What a fun and creative idea. I might have to steal it!

Sistah Sarah said...

You stinker! Where's the recipe? I just had a thought: Do you think you could freeze mini-meatloaves with the mashed potatoes already on top? Easy lunch!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Thats clever!!! I am sure that mashed potatoes taste the same blue!!

Blog Archive